- Cross Country and Swim/Dive will be the first sports to start their seasons on February 1st. Swim/Dive has moved to Season 1 and Boys & Girls WP have been moved to Season 2. However, no competition will be allowed until the stay at home order has been lifted. Additionally, no end date for Swim has been set as their season was cancelled last year. Additional Season 1 sports will be permitted as the county moves into the Red Tier (start dates will be announced at that time).
- Field Hockey will be able to begin HS practice as soon as the stay at home order is lifted. However, competition for Field Hockey would not be allowed until the county reaches the Red Tier.
- Football – CIF was vague regarding football. But, it appears that football would be allowed official in season HS practices IF the county reached the Red Tier by the end of season 1. However, football competition still wouldn’t be allowed until the county reached the Orange Tier.
Season 2 Updates:
Purple Tier Sports (Golf, Tennis, Track & Field): At this point all three sports will officially remain in Season 2 with the following start dates to open their seasons:
- Girls’ Golf: February 8th
- Boys’ Golf: February 15th
- Boys’ & Girls’ Co-Ed Tennis: February 15th (date moved up from February 22nd)
- Track & Field: February 15th (March 13th first competition)
Red Tier Sports (Baseball, Girls’ Lacrosse, Softball):
- Start Date of March 13th, contingent upon our counties remaining out of the “Stay at Home” order for the entire Southern California region.
Orange Tier Sports (Boys’ Lacrosse, Boy’s & Girls’ Soccer, Boys’ Volleyball*, Boys’ & Girls’ Water Polo):
- Boys’ & Girls’ Soccer: Scheduled start date of February 22nd. CIF-SDS will officially open their seasons once the county of residence reaches the Red Tier Level.
- Boys’ Lacrosse, Boys’ Volleyball, Boys’ & Girls’ Water Polo: Scheduled start date of March 13th, CIF-SDS will officially open their seasons once the county of residence reaches the Red Tier Level.
Yellow Tier Sports (Boys and Girls Basketball, Competitive Sport Cheer, and Wrestling)
- Scheduled start date of March 13th. CIF-SDS will officially open their seasons once the county of residence reaches the Orange Tier Level.
*Scheduled end date for Boys’ Volleyball is currently under review.
Moving forward, all athletes are encouraged to complete the online athletic clearance process via the govalhalla.org website. Athletic physicals are available at East County Urgent Care for $30 for all Valhalla athletes. Please feel free to contact your head coach for more information and training opportunities. All coach contacts can be found HERE